While it is always best to use the recommended glue color match, it is not always possible. Stealth is a glue specially formulated to work on many different sheet colors. It is recommended to always have some on hand as it will get you by in a pinch. Stealth blends in to match the surfacing material when a nice tight fit is achieved for seams and laminations.
Follow the instructions below to achieve a tight fit and near invisible seams:
- Machine both edges to be seamed.
- The seams or edges should fit tight when dry fitted.
- A good dry fit should have no visible voids along its entire length.
- Clean seams or edges with denatured alcohol with a clean white rag.
- Use tape on the bottom of the seams so the adhesives do not come in contact with the table.
- Clamp the seams together; make sure there is glue squeeze out along the entire seam (Do not over tighten clamps!).
- Remove cured glue squeeze out with a router on “skis,” a surface leveler, or a random orbital sander.
- Do not scrape, chisel, or use belt sander on seam.
- Finish sanding to complete.